- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar (less, still over 1 c.)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (1/2 c. oil, 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce)
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (less than this--a little more than half)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (less than this--a little more than half)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Chocolate chips or nuts?
- Need to put some vanilla in here!! Pioneer woman does 1.5 tsp for half the size recipe!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (more)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into an ungreased 10x15 inch jellyroll pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven. Cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled bars. Cut into squares.