Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bizzerko remake

My husband and I are a bit obsessed with Amy's Ice Cream if we ever happen to be in Texas. In particular, they have a flavor, I don't know the exact name, with Bizzerko in the title. It is amazing. Amazing as in the best ice cream flavor I can remember having. I liked it best with a teeny bit of Chunky Natural Peanut Butter mixed in.

So that I don't have to go to Texas and hope this flavor is featured to get another taste of this, I'm going to attempt to replicate it for my husband's birthday. Since I don't have an ice cream maker, I'm going to have to do this by mixing what I think are the key elements into store-bought vanilla.

The elements are:
Cream cheese/cheesecake
Hazelnuts
A teeny bit of cinnamon
Graham Crackers
Pecan Praline

So in the name of "science" I'm actually going to try 3 things:
1) Make a cheesecake with all of these elements and mix into ice cream. I'm going to use this crust with a bit of cinnamon added in and the filling from this cheesecake with hazelnut in place of most of the peanut butter.
2) Since I loved the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cream Cheese Bars from Bakingblonde so much, I am going to make some, but use the crust from above. Instead of chocolate chips in the dough, I'll use hazelnut butter, and top with the extra pecans from the crust. I'll bake as cupcakes again.
3) Make this cream cheese, but use hazelnut butter instead of hazelnuts, and add a bit of cinnamon. Make these Praline Pecan Squares, and pulse in food processor. Mix both into ice cream.

I cannot wait to bake, taste test, and help pick the winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment